Tuesday, August 3, 2010

WELCOME TO 6B HUMANITIES BLOG!


Another School year is here and I can’t wait to learn about YOU—your favorites, your hobbies, what you are good at, what you’d like to learn, what your home country is like and on and on. I want each of you to look forward to humanities and feel comfortable in this class. Each day will bring forth a new adventure as our classroom community’s personality unfolds.

In keeping with the ever-changing world, a large majority of our assignments are going to be done online-- via this blog site. You will all be instructed on how to create your own blog and you will think of a creative title (could be a favorite quote or sayings or something about you). As you set up your blog it will be an opportunity for you to communicate and express yourself and also you will be asked to answers questions posted that relate to curricular studies.

This first blog assignment is for you to introduce yourself to our class community.

-Share who you are and where you are from.
-Describe some of your interests, hobbies, and favorites(book, color, food etc.)
-Share three adjectives that describe you and explain.
-Thinking about this year ahead share one academic goal and one social goal
-Add any other information you want to help others learn about you.


Be sure to check spelling and grammar, this means proofread your work before you post it!



A snapshot about me:
I am from Portland, Oregon, and love spending my summers there. The weather is always comfortable and that is where many of my friends and family live. My first teaching job was many years ago in Queensland, Australia, and that is when I decided I love to travel. Luckily I was able to move my family overseas in 1997, to Brussels, Belgium and then onto Kuala Lumpur in 1999. Wow, I have lived here 11 years and still love it—roti canai, the twin towers, KLCC, massages, walks around KDE, monkeys, tropical weather, sunrise and sunset at 7.

My family consists of my husband Scott who is a high school counselor, and my sons Parker (24) and Carson (21). Both boys completed school at ISKL and now live in the US. You can tell I am a proud mom by looking at the pictures displayed above my desk.

Besides teaching I enjoy keeping busy making something. I knit, quilt and cross-stitch. Lately, I have been working on knitting Christmas stockings for my friends who have had a baby. Also, I love to read mystery books and my favorite one I read this year is Dragonbones. The setting is in China so I learned about that culture as I tried to solve the mystery. One of my favorite treats is chocolate! Dark, milk, white, I love it all. So remember if you want to keep me happy give me a chocolate treat.

Often I am described as energetic and enthusiastic because I am usually smiling which shows my love of teaching. I use creative thinking as I work to design lessons that bring out the different talents found in the classroom. During a 90-minute period I add variety to keep your interest. I love buying presents for my friends and family so you could say I am generous. At times I buy treats for you to celebrate your successes.

This year one of my goals is slow down because I can move too fast and talk too fast. You can help me achieve this by letting me know when I start speed talking. I am looking forward to team-teaching my blue humanities class with Mrs. Nadaraj. I know you will enjoy learning from us.

Heading into the 2010-11 school year, I am ready to go. Bring it on☺

Enjoy,
Jamie Reiser

Source::
http://www.nysenate.gov/press-release/senator-johnson-sponsors-back-school-supply-drive

No comments: